In 2022, we are seeing trends in Senior Living design that bring joy and energy to residents, family members and staff. With the current staffing shortage and health climate, now is the time to rethink staff workflows as well as the atmosphere of your building. In this eBook you will find solutions for today’s top challenges through purposeful design, furnishings and technology trends for the Baby Boomer generation that make an impression. Download your copy of the eBook below.
2022 Design Trends in Senior Living
Supporting Staff Efficiency
The Washington Post reported that as of January 2022, nursing homes and long-term care facilities have lost more than 420,000 employees. This is 12% of the total industry workforce.1
With a severe nursing staff shortage continuing into 2022, many Senior Living providers are looking for ways to increase caregiver efficiency by rethinking workflows and strategically incorporating technology solutions to help relieve the pressure on direct care employees.
Consider blending these highly efficient technology systems into your interior design:
- DS smart® technology allows caregivers to instantly capture, protect and connect data to EMR-connected equipment, such as wireless vital signs monitors and scales.
- CenTrak’s TruView platform is a real-time monitoring system that enhances safety and security through advanced locating, contact tracing, and roaming and wandering protection – all through a single wearable device.
- New nurse call systems provide complete community situational awareness across clinical, environmental and operational disciplines in real time – sending alerts to mobile apps, text messages, computers or tablets.
Our technology solution experts can help you decide what kind of technology is best for your community. From indoor air quality solutions to artificial intelligence technology, we can solve for your technology needs for resident rooms, common areas, dining rooms and more.
Download the eBook for More
For more trends like this one, download the free ebook. Inside, our design and construction experts and Senior Living facilities designers walk through the top trends in the senior housing market for 2022, including:
- Enhancing Resident and Staff Well-being
- Optimizing Infection Prevention
- Fostering Memorable Experiences
- Integrated Technology
- Flexibility and Preparation
- Cohort Living
- Colors for 2022
2022 Senior Housing Design & Construction Trends
Learn what’s trending in the industry and how you can use these trends in your buildings.
Fill out the form below to download the ebook.
Connect with our team today to schedule a free consultation.
1 Bernstein, L.; Van Dam, A. (2022, January 7). Nursing Home staff shortages are worsening problems at overwhelmed hospitals. The Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/28/nursing-home-hospital-staff-shortages/