Senior Foodservice Design Consultant, Interior Designer
Combining her background in clinical dietetics with her passion for interior design, Jan leads Aptura's foodservice design team as they build innovative foodservice solutions. Her unique experience allows her to collaborate creatively and effectively with both operational and design teams to develop fully integrated, relevant designs that support client dining philosophies. It's her mission to create spaces that support both social and physical wellness for seniors nationwide.
- Mount Mary College: Bachelor of Science, Clinical Dietetics
- Bachelor of Art, Interior Design
- American Society of Interior Design
- Dining Executive Council, Advisory Board
- 2015, 2016, 2019 Gold ASID
- 2011, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Silver ASID
- 2018, 2019 Bronze ASID
- 2014, 2014, 2018 - Senior Housing News Architectural and Design Award
- Argentum Senior Living by Design Award
My proudest accomplishment is
supporting the development of a leadership program for Girl Scouts in middle school and high school that promotes confidence and value of volunteerism.
My hobbies include
gardening. In an effort to get it just right, I move plants and bushes around my yard like other people rearrange furniture.
The most unusual item in my office is
my Johnny Depp Pirates of the Caribbean tissue box. It was hand crafted by a friend and it makes me smile every time I look at it!